Wanted to quickly share with you what I received in my August Play! by Sephora box. I seriously am in LOVE with this subscription service. Get yours at sephora.com/play.
This month’s theme is The Eye Openers and while it did not include the Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream that I was hoping to try, it did include another eye cream that is amazing! I’ve already rotated in half of this box to my daily routine.
- ALGENIST Complete Eye Renewal Balm: I LOVE this eye balm. It’s super hydrating but quick drying. It has become my daily eye cream. In just a week I have noticed less darkness and puffiness under my eyes.
- MAKE UP FOREVER Artist Shadow Eyeshadow, Pink Granite I-544: This is such a great color and the consistency is wonderful. It’s creamy and blendable. I have a few other MUFE shadows and love them…not sure why I don’t have more! This color is also a great compliment to my Rose Gold Palette.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil, Love Affair: This is a very pretty deep plum color which is great with my hazel eyes. I am not a fan of the super soft consistency but it is waterproof which is nice. When I wiped at it with my finger, it didn’t budge. It is perfect for a smudged, smokey look and compliments the MUFE shadow well.
Eye Liner and Shadow, no primer
- URBAN DECAY Perversion Mascara: I already own this from when I purchased my Naked on the Run Palette awhile back. It’s one of those mascaras I kind of forgot about but when I used it again I remembered just how amazing it is. It gives your lashes great volume as well as definition so it looks like you are wearing falsies without the hassle.
- LANCOME Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Moisturizer: I am always hesitant to try new skin care but I have to say that Play! has provided some great products. I have been using this liquid moisturizer in the mornings. My skin is more on the normal/dry side but when I use my regular moisturizer with my foundation which has coconut water in it, I feel like it’s just a bit too much. So, this provides light moisture under my foundation and hasn’t made me break out which is always a plus.
- CLEAN Reserve Warm Cotton: This is light and airy. It is also in a mini spray bottle instead of the drip vials that past samples have come in so I have actually used it a few times.
Check out my original Play! post for more information on this awesome box.
Last week one of my favorite bloggers, Cara of Maskcara.com, posted a challenge. The prize is a capsule of her must haves. It’s pretty awesome! Check out her “Get Swift” post from the 8th. The challenge was to complete your makeup within the timeframe of a Taylor Swift song. I absolutely adore her (both Cara and Taylor) so I was in!
Well, let me tell you first off that I learned from the best of them how to fall in love with the snooze button and get up and out the door in 10 minutes. Thanks Mom! So I thought I had this in the bag. Boy was I wrong! Somewhere along the way I completely lost that talent. I guess I should have known given that I’m always in a rush in the mornings doing half my makeup in the car…sigh.
I only had one shot to film this with my crazy schedule. I took about a minute to put in front of me what I planned on using and hit record. If you checked out my Instagram page, you’ll have seen how nonexistent my video editing skills are…or my video skills in general for that matter. Ha! Even with more time, they aren’t much better here, hence the lack of sound (unless you like pretending you are a Peanuts character at school). It’s ok to laugh…I did 😉
Motives Custom Mineral Foundation
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
Urban Decay Naked on the Run Palette for eyes and cheeks
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
NYX eyeliner in black
Velvet 59 in Noisette Lip Gloss
In the coming weeks I will post a real “get ready with me” video. How long does it take you to get ready?!
It’s finally here, the second part to my mini spree during the VIB sale!
1. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner: I am really liking this stuff! My hair is smoother, softer, and with a little dry shampoo I can get 3 days out of my hair! It’s a little pricier than I typically would spend on shampoo and conditioner but I’m loving the results on my thin, staticky, flyaway hair that’s not quite straight but definitely not curly hair so the price is worth it to me.
2. Sephora Collection Pro Airbrush Foundation Brush: the dense bristles pick up a good amount of foundation making a little go a long way. What I like about this is I can buff on my foundation giving a more airbrushed look rather than”painting” on my foundation as you do with a traditional flat foundation brush.
3. Sephora Collection Pro Angled Blush Brush: just like the foundation brush, the bristles are really dense which can pick up a ton of color. It’s just the right size to keep my blush on my cheeks.
4. Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion: this is a new favorite. It’s a light beige so it helps to even out the skin tone on your lid and it dries quickly. When putting on shadow, it glides right on and doesn’t crease all day.
5. Lancôme Teinte Idole Ultra 24H foundation: I think I’ve just accepted that my ideal foundation doesn’t exist but this comes closer than any other I’ve tried. It goes on really smooth and doesn’t melt off in the heat which is awesome! I love the coverage but it doesn’t quite help with my oily skin as much as I’d like.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: I prefer this to the DipBrow at this point in my attempt to master the art of the brow. It’s easier to blend in without being too dark. The pencil is really thin so I think it gives a really natural look.
Were you able to take advantage of the sale?! Share your new favorites!