A few posts ago I posted about my daily skin care routine. I want to share a few other skin care favorites that aren’t used daily.
1. Mary Kay Microdermabrasion Step 1 Refine: This is a great exfoliant that uses alumina oxide crystals to buff out pores and slough off dead skin. The crystals are perfectly round. Be careful with scrubs made of fruit pits because they can scratch the skin with jagged edges.
2. Philosophy Oxygen Peel Mask: This is a 2 step mask that leaves my skin feeling really refreshed and clean. You first empty the catalase enzyme capsule into warm water and shake it to create a gel like mask. Put it on the cover it with the oxygen foam. Wait a few minutes then use the spatula to remove the foam (if you have sensitive skin rinse with soft cloth). It helps to detox the skin and clear up clogged pores. I like it because you only leave it on for a few minutes versus a standard mask you leave on for about 10. I can do this one in the morning while getting ready for work.
3. Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Eye Cream: This is a new product I have had for a few weeks. I have already noticed a difference in the dark circles under my eyes! It’s very hydrating but light weight.
4. Lumiere De Vie Volcanic Exfoliating Mask: This clay mask has an AHA complex to helps exfoliate the top layer of skin and it’s great for oil control. My skin feels softer and looks brighter after rinsing this mask off. You do have to rinse very well as the pumice particles like to stick to the skin.
5. Shiseido Urban Environment Oil Free UV Protection: I really like that this sunscreen is very lightweight and my skin doesn’t react to it. It’s broad spectrum and great for daily use. It is a little difficult to rub in, leaving a slightly pasty look and you have to wait awhile between applying this and putting on foundation primer. In all honesty, I don’t love it but I don’t hate it. Some primers will interact with the sunscreen and cause it to pill but I have used Motives Perfecting Face Primer and that seems to work well. I am open to sunscreen recommendations!