Wanted to quickly share with you what I received in my August Play! by Sephora box. I seriously am in LOVE with this subscription service. Get yours at sephora.com/play.
This month’s theme is The Eye Openers and while it did not include the Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream that I was hoping to try, it did include another eye cream that is amazing! I’ve already rotated in half of this box to my daily routine.
- ALGENIST Complete Eye Renewal Balm: I LOVE this eye balm. It’s super hydrating but quick drying. It has become my daily eye cream. In just a week I have noticed less darkness and puffiness under my eyes.
- MAKE UP FOREVER Artist Shadow Eyeshadow, Pink Granite I-544: This is such a great color and the consistency is wonderful. It’s creamy and blendable. I have a few other MUFE shadows and love them…not sure why I don’t have more! This color is also a great compliment to my Rose Gold Palette.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil, Love Affair: This is a very pretty deep plum color which is great with my hazel eyes. I am not a fan of the super soft consistency but it is waterproof which is nice. When I wiped at it with my finger, it didn’t budge. It is perfect for a smudged, smokey look and compliments the MUFE shadow well.
Eye Liner and Shadow, no primer
- URBAN DECAY Perversion Mascara: I already own this from when I purchased my Naked on the Run Palette awhile back. It’s one of those mascaras I kind of forgot about but when I used it again I remembered just how amazing it is. It gives your lashes great volume as well as definition so it looks like you are wearing falsies without the hassle.
- LANCOME Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Moisturizer: I am always hesitant to try new skin care but I have to say that Play! has provided some great products. I have been using this liquid moisturizer in the mornings. My skin is more on the normal/dry side but when I use my regular moisturizer with my foundation which has coconut water in it, I feel like it’s just a bit too much. So, this provides light moisture under my foundation and hasn’t made me break out which is always a plus.
- CLEAN Reserve Warm Cotton: This is light and airy. It is also in a mini spray bottle instead of the drip vials that past samples have come in so I have actually used it a few times.
Check out my original Play! post for more information on this awesome box.
Did you know Sephora has a subscription box?! Well, they do and it is awesome! It’s called Play! By Sephora. The monthly box is themed and includes 5 deluxe samples along with a fragrance bonus. It is only $10 (plus tax) and there are so many perks to being a subscriber. The box comes with a ‘cheat sheet’ with a summary of each product and how to use it. You get a Play! pass that gives you an in-store tutorial and an additional 50 Beauty Insider points with any purchase. They also have a sub-site, sephora.com/play, that includes video tutorials along with additional tips and tricks. I have to say they really put a lot into this.
I’ve gotten 3 boxes so far and I have to say that I love them. I am going to share with you my favorite items from each box. The first item is something i have already tried and love so it never hurts to get more and the second is a new discovery that I have on my “full size wish list” after receiving it in my box.
May: The Forces of Nature
- BRIOGEO Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask: After using this, my hair was full and soft without being weighed down or greasy. I had already tried this from an Ipsy bag awhile back and love it. I was really excited to get this again.
- KORRES Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial: I am typically very wary of trying new skin care items but I have fallen in love with this. It’s a creamy consistency and leaves my skin feeling fresh and looking bright.
June: The Minimalists
- BENEFIT COSMETICS They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara: The name says it all. I have a handful of favorite mascaras and this is one of them.
- BECCA Backlight Priming Filter: I was worried this would make my skin look shiny in a bad way but it actually brightens. It feels really light too. My go to is Benefit POREfessional but I may just add this into my rotation
July: Effortless Summer
- BEAUTY BLENDER Blotterazzi by Beauty Blender: these super soft oil absorbing pads are great on the go. I love that it’s reusable and washable so I no longer have crumpled up lotting sheets floating around in the bottom of my purse. The full size comes with 2 blotters in a case with a mirror. I don’t leave home without them!
- FIRST AID BEAUTY Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay: As with May’s box I am typically hesitant to try out new skin care. Right after this box came I ran out of my Arbonne cleanser that I have been really liking. I hadn’t been paying attention so I didn’t re-order it in time. Anyway, I used this for a few days and saw less black heads and smaller pores! It’s kind of slimy feeling but otherwise I really liked the results of this cleanser.
Augusts box is called “The Eye Openers.” I hope the new Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream is there!
Go to sephora.com/play to sign up for your own box! I believe there is a waitlist, and I have no clue how long it is but I promise it’s worth the wait.