It’s finally here, the second part to my mini spree during the VIB sale!
1. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner: I am really liking this stuff! My hair is smoother, softer, and with a little dry shampoo I can get 3 days out of my hair! It’s a little pricier than I typically would spend on shampoo and conditioner but I’m loving the results on my thin, staticky, flyaway hair that’s not quite straight but definitely not curly hair so the price is worth it to me.
2. Sephora Collection Pro Airbrush Foundation Brush: the dense bristles pick up a good amount of foundation making a little go a long way. What I like about this is I can buff on my foundation giving a more airbrushed look rather than”painting” on my foundation as you do with a traditional flat foundation brush.
3. Sephora Collection Pro Angled Blush Brush: just like the foundation brush, the bristles are really dense which can pick up a ton of color. It’s just the right size to keep my blush on my cheeks.
4. Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion: this is a new favorite. It’s a light beige so it helps to even out the skin tone on your lid and it dries quickly. When putting on shadow, it glides right on and doesn’t crease all day.
5. Lancôme Teinte Idole Ultra 24H foundation: I think I’ve just accepted that my ideal foundation doesn’t exist but this comes closer than any other I’ve tried. It goes on really smooth and doesn’t melt off in the heat which is awesome! I love the coverage but it doesn’t quite help with my oily skin as much as I’d like.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: I prefer this to the DipBrow at this point in my attempt to master the art of the brow. It’s easier to blend in without being too dark. The pencil is really thin so I think it gives a really natural look.
Were you able to take advantage of the sale?! Share your new favorites!
So the Sephora VIB Sale ended a little over a week ago and I hear it’s the best they offer each year! I have only just started shopping at Sephora (since for the past 3 years I only used one brand) so time will tell! I ended up placing 2 orders and my second one was so delayed I haven’t had a chance to really try out some of my new goodies yet. Apparently everyone else wanted in on the 20% off EVERYTHING action as well! You can’t blame them, it’s a great deal!
Too Faced The Return of Sexy Pallet and Shadow Insurance: I LOVE the pallet! The shadows are vibrant, blend so smoothly, pigmented and this pallet has each color scheme I typically wear. I found it while looking for a pallet I can take with me when I travel over the holidays that would give me some color choice. I have a few other Too Faced pallets that I love so I was really looking forward to trying this one out and it does not disappoint. There are SO MANY color combinations that you can create, plus it comes with the eye liner and primer. Neither of which I am a total fan though. The liner is super soft so if you aren’t super careful you could end up with a mess-which I did the first time I tried it because I wasn’t expecting it to be so soft. The opposite end does have a smudger though so I am a fan of the 2 tools in 1. The primer is not my favorite. First off, it smells funny which may not be the primers fault. The humidity has picked up here and the package did sit outside all afternoon before I got home from work to pick it up so all of my concerns could be the heat, but it could not be. I also feel like it doesn’t really even out the skin tone on my lids and it creases as if I wasn’t wearing a primer at all. I will say though, that at $49 it is worth every penny and then some.
The rest of my order was full of minis! I love discovering new brands, products, and colors through minis. The first set was a 500 point set from Buxom. I have never really used their products before but I used the gloss and the lipstick and they both are great. Neither one comes off as purple as in the packaging and it’s really flattering on my light beige skin tone. The mascara, liner, and bronzer haven’t been used yet.
My other mini set was this Prepped and Prime set gift with purchase. Here’s what I have used:
1-Living Proof Satin Hair Serum: I have started using this brand for my hair care and I like it. I will review other items later but this helps keep the frizz down with the humidity out here
2-Glam Glow Powermud Dual Cleanse Treatment: This made my skin feel smoother and pores clearer.
3-Benefit Stay Flawless Primer: There are a few things wrong with this primer and I think they all could be solved with a different delivery method. Having this as a stick primer makes it difficult to get a good coverage. It does not blend once you put it on so if you miss a spot, it shows. Also, with my oily skin it didn’t do anything special to make me buy it over the Lancome one that I am currently loving or even Benefit’s own POREfessional.
Be back soon with Sephora Haul Part 2 and some other fun stuff to share!