Wanted to quickly share with you what I received in my August Play! by Sephora box. I seriously am in LOVE with this subscription service. Get yours at sephora.com/play.
This month’s theme is The Eye Openers and while it did not include the Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream that I was hoping to try, it did include another eye cream that is amazing! I’ve already rotated in half of this box to my daily routine.
- ALGENIST Complete Eye Renewal Balm: I LOVE this eye balm. It’s super hydrating but quick drying. It has become my daily eye cream. In just a week I have noticed less darkness and puffiness under my eyes.
- MAKE UP FOREVER Artist Shadow Eyeshadow, Pink Granite I-544: This is such a great color and the consistency is wonderful. It’s creamy and blendable. I have a few other MUFE shadows and love them…not sure why I don’t have more! This color is also a great compliment to my Rose Gold Palette.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil, Love Affair: This is a very pretty deep plum color which is great with my hazel eyes. I am not a fan of the super soft consistency but it is waterproof which is nice. When I wiped at it with my finger, it didn’t budge. It is perfect for a smudged, smokey look and compliments the MUFE shadow well.
Eye Liner and Shadow, no primer
- URBAN DECAY Perversion Mascara: I already own this from when I purchased my Naked on the Run Palette awhile back. It’s one of those mascaras I kind of forgot about but when I used it again I remembered just how amazing it is. It gives your lashes great volume as well as definition so it looks like you are wearing falsies without the hassle.
- LANCOME Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Moisturizer: I am always hesitant to try new skin care but I have to say that Play! has provided some great products. I have been using this liquid moisturizer in the mornings. My skin is more on the normal/dry side but when I use my regular moisturizer with my foundation which has coconut water in it, I feel like it’s just a bit too much. So, this provides light moisture under my foundation and hasn’t made me break out which is always a plus.
- CLEAN Reserve Warm Cotton: This is light and airy. It is also in a mini spray bottle instead of the drip vials that past samples have come in so I have actually used it a few times.
Check out my original Play! post for more information on this awesome box.
Can you believe that this past Sunday marked one year since I started this blog?! Time flies when you are having fun. I haven’t exactly accomplished what I set out to with this blog…yet. While the next few months are going to be the same inconsistent posting, I DO have plans to pick it up soon. Not only are we moving 3000 miles away in the coming weeks but then we are going to be moving again in the fall to our new house! Long story short, we are buying a house and it won’t be ready until fall but other things are taking us back to CA earlier. Just add it as another incline in this roller coaster of life.
One year ago I posted this post. I was looking through my posts and trying to figure out which was my favorite. There’s this makeover post which was so much fun and there’s this color theme post in which I really liked the look that came from it. Through this process I have discovered a few favorite items too! Julep nail polishes are my favorite. I have also fallen in love with Lancome Le Corrector Pro Concealer Kit, Armani Flash Lip Lacquer, Living Proof hair products, and Ole Henrikson Truth Serum.
I look forward to creating more looks, more makeovers, and becoming more of a product junkie than I already am in the next year. I look forward to building a consistency in my posts over the coming months and hearing from you.
What are your favorite posts? What do you want to see more of in the next year?
I’m back! I know I have neglected this blog for a few months now. I could go into a long list of all the things that kept me away, but really it just comes down to not making the time to keep up with consistent posts. Over the next few months a lot of changes will be coming to the blog in small pieces. The most immediate will be a transition from being a makeup blog to being a general lifestyle blog. While I LOVE makeup, I have so many other passions and things that I am interested in exploring and what better place to do it than this blog?! So, follow along, share your thoughts and enjoy!
What better way to kick off a new beginning than to share my daily skin care routine? My skin has always been a challenge. It’s super oily and blemish prone. When I was in California I had a great routine using Mary Kay products. Their TimeWise line is seriously fantastic! It’s a gentle anti-aging line that is made for your skin type. When I moved to Hawaii last year, my skin went haywire, to put it mildly. It took me almost 9 months to find a routine that worked for me! In the meantime my face took a nostalgic turn down memory lane through high school where I was plagued by deep, cystic type breakouts. Not fun at my age, or any age for that matter!
I start with Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser. I like this because it is a basic cleanser that doesn’t leave any residue, you can find it at Target for around $8. In all honesty, there are a ton of cleansers out there that claim to do a million and one things but a cleanser only stays on your skin for a small amount of time. Typically this small amount of time does not allow for these claims to take any effect so I don’t bother spending my money on it.
Second, I take off any eye makeup residue. I use my cleanser to get the majority of my makeup off but there is still sometimes leftover residue. My favorite removers are Mary Kay Oil Free Makeup Remover and Lancome BI-FACIL Double Action Eye Makeup Remover.
Ole Henriksen has become a favorite over the past few months. I use two of their serums along with their moisturizer. In the morning I use Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster. Vitamin C is great for collagen which keeps your skin nice and young looking. Its’s full of antioxidants and nourishing to your skin as well. In the evening I use Invigorating Night Treatment. It’s a gel serum that helps with natural cell turnover to keep skin nourished and bright. The AHA Complex also helps keep my skin nice and smooth. Sheer Transformation is the moisturizer I use. It’s oil free, light weight, and has licorice and vitamin C to help even skin tone.
Overall my skin is smooth with very few breakouts now. You might have noticed that there isn’t a sunscreen in my list. I haven’t found a daily sunscreen that doesn’t break me out. I have a small amount of sunscreen in my foundation and I am inside a lot. However, when I know I am going to be out in the sun at the beach or wherever, I use CeraVe SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Lotion. It’s zinc oxide based and does a great job at protecting my skin but when I try to wear it daily I break out in baby acne everywhere. I am on the hunt for a good daily protectant and will share when I find one!
What are some of your favorite skin care products?!