I didn’t get one but my Sis in Law did and she blogged about it over at Purple Giraffe.
As I’m just jumping back into the blogging biz, I dropped the ball on ordering. I found a studio by me the sells Morphe but they marked it up almost 100% 😡. They were sold out when I went but that mark up is insane so I’ve added myself to the Morphe list to be notified when they restock.
I did check out their display. My first thought was: glitter! The shades are gorgeous and the palette can cover everything from your everyday makeup to a glam look.
Check out Stacey’s review and swatches here: https://staceybeth459.com/2017/06/28/review-jaclyn-hill-x-morphe-palette/
As promised via Instagram I’m working on Audrey’s birthday post which is turning into a much longer post than I anticipated. See ya soon!
Wanted to quickly share with you what I received in my August Play! by Sephora box. I seriously am in LOVE with this subscription service. Get yours at sephora.com/play.
This month’s theme is The Eye Openers and while it did not include the Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream that I was hoping to try, it did include another eye cream that is amazing! I’ve already rotated in half of this box to my daily routine.
- ALGENIST Complete Eye Renewal Balm: I LOVE this eye balm. It’s super hydrating but quick drying. It has become my daily eye cream. In just a week I have noticed less darkness and puffiness under my eyes.
- MAKE UP FOREVER Artist Shadow Eyeshadow, Pink Granite I-544: This is such a great color and the consistency is wonderful. It’s creamy and blendable. I have a few other MUFE shadows and love them…not sure why I don’t have more! This color is also a great compliment to my Rose Gold Palette.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil, Love Affair: This is a very pretty deep plum color which is great with my hazel eyes. I am not a fan of the super soft consistency but it is waterproof which is nice. When I wiped at it with my finger, it didn’t budge. It is perfect for a smudged, smokey look and compliments the MUFE shadow well.
Eye Liner and Shadow, no primer
- URBAN DECAY Perversion Mascara: I already own this from when I purchased my Naked on the Run Palette awhile back. It’s one of those mascaras I kind of forgot about but when I used it again I remembered just how amazing it is. It gives your lashes great volume as well as definition so it looks like you are wearing falsies without the hassle.
- LANCOME Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Moisturizer: I am always hesitant to try new skin care but I have to say that Play! has provided some great products. I have been using this liquid moisturizer in the mornings. My skin is more on the normal/dry side but when I use my regular moisturizer with my foundation which has coconut water in it, I feel like it’s just a bit too much. So, this provides light moisture under my foundation and hasn’t made me break out which is always a plus.
- CLEAN Reserve Warm Cotton: This is light and airy. It is also in a mini spray bottle instead of the drip vials that past samples have come in so I have actually used it a few times.
Check out my original Play! post for more information on this awesome box.
…is (rose) gold! I went to Ulta looking for something else* and they were having a GWP for their Ulta line of cosmetics. I am a SUCKER for free stuff. Especially when you have to spend money to get it, apparently! I took a look at the selection and it was so picked over half of the shelves were empty. I was about to leave empty handed when I came across this on my way out-it was in the wrong place!
Aren’t the colors SO pretty?! I love these colors and they are neutral enough they can be worn with almost anything. The liner above is Ulta’s liner in Raisin. It did not come with the palette but it has been a nice complement. The brush that did come with it is super soft and I have been loving it.
Using MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as a base
Prosecco, Hopeless Romantic, Dessert and Prosecco, Chandelier, Sweetheart are my two favorite combinations for a quick everyday look.
I have not used a lot of Ulta brand products. Firstly, because I typically shop Sephora (I prefer their selection and Beauty Insider program) and secondly I just always thought of their line as ‘drugstore’ quality. Basically I see Ulta as Walmart while Sephora is Target. Anyway…
As for the quality, it’s pretty much what I expected. There is a lot of fallout and not a lot of pigment but I am still loving this palette. I was really surprised at how long the color lasted. I posted a picture the other day on Instagram. I was in a hurry and accidentally skipped eye primer. The color is still there and the creasing is minimal. I can create a really soft and pretty look that makes me feel feminine and put together that will last. Plus, another win for this palette was that it was only $20. Other brands will run at least twice as much for a similar product. It is also a GREAT palette for beginner makeup wearers. It provides some nice versatility, won’t break the bank, and because the pigment is light it’s easy to use.
Keep an eye on my Instagram for pictures of me wearing these shades over the next few weeks! @lovelypinkglitter
*I am looking for a dupe to Clinique’s Intense Black Honey eyeliner. I LOVE the color but I do not love the super soft formula. If you know of anything in this color that might work, post in the comments please! I’ve checked out all brands at Sephora, the Ulta line, and NYX. Thanks!