If you follow any nail design accounts on Instagram, chances are you have seen Liquid Palisade by Kiesque in action. It is a liquid nail tape that allows you to create custom designs that sometimes stamps or stencils don’t allow for.
I chose to do something really simple as I it tested out. I purchased the French Manicure version which has a very thin brush. They also have their original version which has a thicker brush and is often used on the skin around the nail to be the barrier when using stamps or stencils.
I found it pretty easy to use and very forgiving when making a straight line. I used Butter London’s Patent-Gel Tops and Tails for my base and top coats. Julep Brigitte was my first coat. It’s a white, cream finish polish. In picture 2, the purple is the Liquid Palisade. I found this design idea on Pinterest. With the Liquid Palisade in place, I then used butter London in Fiver for the second coat of polish. Using tweezers I pulled off the Liquid Palisade leaving the white to peek through.
Some tips when using the Liquid Palisade:
- It is easier to lift when the Liquid Palisade overlaps onto your skin.
- Pull the Liquid Palisade off right away to create a clean line.
Check out their Instagram here. Have you tried it? You can get it at Sephora. Share your pictures in the comments or use #lovelypinkglitter on Instagram!
WELCOME TO MY NEW ADVENTURE!
Welcome to my NEW blog! I am a California girl adjusting to life in Hawaii. I know you are thinking, it’s not a huge adjustment, but you’d be surprised! The grass is always greener-as they say. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE IT here but I now appreciate Norther California more.
This blog is about the beautiful things in life with a focus on makeup. I’ve decided that I need to put my insomnia and HOURS of Pinterest browsing to good use, actually put some of those skills I read about into action, track my progress as I learn new tricks, and keep myself accountable to actually following through instead of getting sucked into binge watching the latest season of Orange is the New Black! Another favorite time suck is pretty much anything on the USA Network.
For my first post, I thought I’d keep it short and sweet with some of my current obsessions!
1. These mineral eye shadows from Mary Kay! I have a tutorial in the works on how to use them and why Stone is my new favorite shade.
2. This manicure from Butter London-lasted 5 days without chipping and since then I have had 2 last 6-7. More to come in a later post.
3.This tinted lip balm from Mary Kay. Lip stick has never really been my thing. I am more of a gloss kind of girl but this gives a hint of color. Atomic Red is my favorite.
4. I am a sucker for a good deal and these are 2 of the best around! Be prepared to see more from both of these companies
5. In my opinion this is the best under eye concealer I have found! It’s light weight with a moisturizer built in and designed not to settle in those fine lines that we get in the very thin skin surrounding out eye. I double its use as a highlighter as well
Now, what would a blog about makeup be without a few makeovers?! Below are some past makeovers. Enjoy!