So maybe we call this series Every Other Friday 5… In all honesty I go through bouts of being super motivated and feeling really creative coupled with times where this blog doesn’t even cross my mind for days at a time. I think the key will be to really grab those creative times and pre-write a ton. So, here we go!
September’s Friday Five will be all about Instagram! I love Instagram. In a world where time is short, I love the quick access I have to friends and family along with fellow bloggers, fashionistas, makeup artists, and more. I will say that I do not love the new non-chronological feed and I have always loathed the auto-refresh but otherwise it’s a great platform. Also, IG Stories! I have always pushed off Snapchat but I have to say IG Stories are SO FUN!
Anyway…this week I am sharing my favorite make up ladies on Instagram! It was really hard to narrow it down to just five but here they are in no particular order:
- @maskcara: she has a great mix of makeovers, makeup tips, and life.
- @lindahallbergs: her makeup trusted is amazing!
- @vivianmakeupartist: I like to think of her style as natural glam. It’s gorgeous!
- @makeupbytiffanyd: she mostly does reviews on her YouTube channel but her previews and style are always film to follow.
- @anissamakeup: I’ve been following her for awhile. Her makeup has always been great but I’ve watched her style become more sophisticated.
Who are some of your favorites?
I have always had a creative side. While there is a bit of natural ability, I typically have to practice, practice, practice to get what I see in my head down on paper (or on a face with makeup). I have been following Dawn Nicole Designs for some time now and she has a few e-books out. Most recently she released But First, Lettering which is a one year hand writing challenge. Challenge accepted! Starting tomorrow, 9/1, I am taking on this challenge and sharing my progress with you via a new Instagram account: @ LPG_Writes. Follow along on this journey where I’ll share my daily challenges and other artsy things I create.
Here are a few things I have made in recent history:
Wanted to quickly share with you what I received in my August Play! by Sephora box. I seriously am in LOVE with this subscription service. Get yours at sephora.com/play.
This month’s theme is The Eye Openers and while it did not include the Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream that I was hoping to try, it did include another eye cream that is amazing! I’ve already rotated in half of this box to my daily routine.
- ALGENIST Complete Eye Renewal Balm: I LOVE this eye balm. It’s super hydrating but quick drying. It has become my daily eye cream. In just a week I have noticed less darkness and puffiness under my eyes.
- MAKE UP FOREVER Artist Shadow Eyeshadow, Pink Granite I-544: This is such a great color and the consistency is wonderful. It’s creamy and blendable. I have a few other MUFE shadows and love them…not sure why I don’t have more! This color is also a great compliment to my Rose Gold Palette.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil, Love Affair: This is a very pretty deep plum color which is great with my hazel eyes. I am not a fan of the super soft consistency but it is waterproof which is nice. When I wiped at it with my finger, it didn’t budge. It is perfect for a smudged, smokey look and compliments the MUFE shadow well.
Eye Liner and Shadow, no primer
- URBAN DECAY Perversion Mascara: I already own this from when I purchased my Naked on the Run Palette awhile back. It’s one of those mascaras I kind of forgot about but when I used it again I remembered just how amazing it is. It gives your lashes great volume as well as definition so it looks like you are wearing falsies without the hassle.
- LANCOME Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Moisturizer: I am always hesitant to try new skin care but I have to say that Play! has provided some great products. I have been using this liquid moisturizer in the mornings. My skin is more on the normal/dry side but when I use my regular moisturizer with my foundation which has coconut water in it, I feel like it’s just a bit too much. So, this provides light moisture under my foundation and hasn’t made me break out which is always a plus.
- CLEAN Reserve Warm Cotton: This is light and airy. It is also in a mini spray bottle instead of the drip vials that past samples have come in so I have actually used it a few times.
Check out my original Play! post for more information on this awesome box.