Wanted to quickly share with you what I received in my August Play! by Sephora box. I seriously am in LOVE with this subscription service. Get yours at sephora.com/play.
This month’s theme is The Eye Openers and while it did not include the Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream that I was hoping to try, it did include another eye cream that is amazing! I’ve already rotated in half of this box to my daily routine.
- ALGENIST Complete Eye Renewal Balm: I LOVE this eye balm. It’s super hydrating but quick drying. It has become my daily eye cream. In just a week I have noticed less darkness and puffiness under my eyes.
- MAKE UP FOREVER Artist Shadow Eyeshadow, Pink Granite I-544: This is such a great color and the consistency is wonderful. It’s creamy and blendable. I have a few other MUFE shadows and love them…not sure why I don’t have more! This color is also a great compliment to my Rose Gold Palette.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil, Love Affair: This is a very pretty deep plum color which is great with my hazel eyes. I am not a fan of the super soft consistency but it is waterproof which is nice. When I wiped at it with my finger, it didn’t budge. It is perfect for a smudged, smokey look and compliments the MUFE shadow well.
Eye Liner and Shadow, no primer
- URBAN DECAY Perversion Mascara: I already own this from when I purchased my Naked on the Run Palette awhile back. It’s one of those mascaras I kind of forgot about but when I used it again I remembered just how amazing it is. It gives your lashes great volume as well as definition so it looks like you are wearing falsies without the hassle.
- LANCOME Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Moisturizer: I am always hesitant to try new skin care but I have to say that Play! has provided some great products. I have been using this liquid moisturizer in the mornings. My skin is more on the normal/dry side but when I use my regular moisturizer with my foundation which has coconut water in it, I feel like it’s just a bit too much. So, this provides light moisture under my foundation and hasn’t made me break out which is always a plus.
- CLEAN Reserve Warm Cotton: This is light and airy. It is also in a mini spray bottle instead of the drip vials that past samples have come in so I have actually used it a few times.
Check out my original Play! post for more information on this awesome box.
So I realize I missed last week..oops! But here’s this week’s 5 things.
As a blogger, one way to build a community is to read and interact with other bloggers. I follow a lot of blogs through both WordPress and Bloglovin’ but there are a few that I always read. Others I will read depending on the title. If I tried to read them all, I would be sitting in front of my computer all day long. This is also why I am not a big user of YouTube. I can read much faster than watch a video. I try to make it a habit to scroll through both Bloglovin’ and WordPress once a day and when I see posts from the following bloggers I make sure to check them out!
- Cupcakes and Cashmere Emily is the complete lifestyle blogger. Her posts are varied so you never get bored and her blog reads as if you are chatting with your best friend. I’ve been following this blog for awhile but only recently started reading it regularly and I love it!
- Maskcara What can I say, Cara is amazing. I love her makeup artistry. It is so natural and she features women of all types. As her blog has grown in popularity she writes about more than just makeup and I find her totally relatable. She also has recently launched Maskcara Cosmetics featuring her HAC Pack. I also really appreciate that she keeps her blogging and products pretty separate. Of course she uses her own products in tutorials but she doesn’t push them on you at all!
- Sequins at Breakfast Laura is a blogger who moved to Hawaii around the same time I moved back to California. I don’t remember how I found her but I love her posts about Hawaii, fashion, entertaining, and food. Her posts are typically pretty quick and to the point without seeming rushed which this busy momma likes.
- Against All Grain Danielle Walker writes this paleo blog along with several cookbooks. If I remember correctly I came across her cookbook Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple when I was looking at being healthier and fell in love with the simplicity and flavors she creates in her recipes. While I do not follow the ‘paleo diet’ the food is yummy and she always provides great new ideas.
- Dawn Nicole Designs I’ve been following Dawn on Instagram and Pinterest for awhile but only recently started to follow her blog. She’s a hand lettering artist with work featured and Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx. I have been looking for a creative outlet and have done a few hand lettered pieces and fell in love with the art. She provides great inspiration and her blog has a ton of great printables. She also has a new E-book out that I just got, But First, Lettering and can’t wait to start the challenge Sept. 1. Check it out!
Who are some of your favorite bloggers?!
…is (rose) gold! I went to Ulta looking for something else* and they were having a GWP for their Ulta line of cosmetics. I am a SUCKER for free stuff. Especially when you have to spend money to get it, apparently! I took a look at the selection and it was so picked over half of the shelves were empty. I was about to leave empty handed when I came across this on my way out-it was in the wrong place!
Aren’t the colors SO pretty?! I love these colors and they are neutral enough they can be worn with almost anything. The liner above is Ulta’s liner in Raisin. It did not come with the palette but it has been a nice complement. The brush that did come with it is super soft and I have been loving it.
Using MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as a base
Prosecco, Hopeless Romantic, Dessert and Prosecco, Chandelier, Sweetheart are my two favorite combinations for a quick everyday look.
I have not used a lot of Ulta brand products. Firstly, because I typically shop Sephora (I prefer their selection and Beauty Insider program) and secondly I just always thought of their line as ‘drugstore’ quality. Basically I see Ulta as Walmart while Sephora is Target. Anyway…
As for the quality, it’s pretty much what I expected. There is a lot of fallout and not a lot of pigment but I am still loving this palette. I was really surprised at how long the color lasted. I posted a picture the other day on Instagram. I was in a hurry and accidentally skipped eye primer. The color is still there and the creasing is minimal. I can create a really soft and pretty look that makes me feel feminine and put together that will last. Plus, another win for this palette was that it was only $20. Other brands will run at least twice as much for a similar product. It is also a GREAT palette for beginner makeup wearers. It provides some nice versatility, won’t break the bank, and because the pigment is light it’s easy to use.
Keep an eye on my Instagram for pictures of me wearing these shades over the next few weeks! @lovelypinkglitter
*I am looking for a dupe to Clinique’s Intense Black Honey eyeliner. I LOVE the color but I do not love the super soft formula. If you know of anything in this color that might work, post in the comments please! I’ve checked out all brands at Sephora, the Ulta line, and NYX. Thanks!