I didn’t get one but my Sis in Law did and she blogged about it over at Purple Giraffe.
As I’m just jumping back into the blogging biz, I dropped the ball on ordering. I found a studio by me the sells Morphe but they marked it up almost 100% 😡. They were sold out when I went but that mark up is insane so I’ve added myself to the Morphe list to be notified when they restock.
I did check out their display. My first thought was: glitter! The shades are gorgeous and the palette can cover everything from your everyday makeup to a glam look.
Check out Stacey’s review and swatches here: https://staceybeth459.com/2017/06/28/review-jaclyn-hill-x-morphe-palette/
As promised via Instagram I’m working on Audrey’s birthday post which is turning into a much longer post than I anticipated. See ya soon!
So maybe we call this series Every Other Friday 5… In all honesty I go through bouts of being super motivated and feeling really creative coupled with times where this blog doesn’t even cross my mind for days at a time. I think the key will be to really grab those creative times and pre-write a ton. So, here we go!
September’s Friday Five will be all about Instagram! I love Instagram. In a world where time is short, I love the quick access I have to friends and family along with fellow bloggers, fashionistas, makeup artists, and more. I will say that I do not love the new non-chronological feed and I have always loathed the auto-refresh but otherwise it’s a great platform. Also, IG Stories! I have always pushed off Snapchat but I have to say IG Stories are SO FUN!
Anyway…this week I am sharing my favorite make up ladies on Instagram! It was really hard to narrow it down to just five but here they are in no particular order:
- @maskcara: she has a great mix of makeovers, makeup tips, and life.
- @lindahallbergs: her makeup trusted is amazing!
- @vivianmakeupartist: I like to think of her style as natural glam. It’s gorgeous!
- @makeupbytiffanyd: she mostly does reviews on her YouTube channel but her previews and style are always film to follow.
- @anissamakeup: I’ve been following her for awhile. Her makeup has always been great but I’ve watched her style become more sophisticated.
Who are some of your favorites?
Wanted to quickly share with you what I received in my August Play! by Sephora box. I seriously am in LOVE with this subscription service. Get yours at sephora.com/play.
This month’s theme is The Eye Openers and while it did not include the Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream that I was hoping to try, it did include another eye cream that is amazing! I’ve already rotated in half of this box to my daily routine.
- ALGENIST Complete Eye Renewal Balm: I LOVE this eye balm. It’s super hydrating but quick drying. It has become my daily eye cream. In just a week I have noticed less darkness and puffiness under my eyes.
- MAKE UP FOREVER Artist Shadow Eyeshadow, Pink Granite I-544: This is such a great color and the consistency is wonderful. It’s creamy and blendable. I have a few other MUFE shadows and love them…not sure why I don’t have more! This color is also a great compliment to my Rose Gold Palette.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil, Love Affair: This is a very pretty deep plum color which is great with my hazel eyes. I am not a fan of the super soft consistency but it is waterproof which is nice. When I wiped at it with my finger, it didn’t budge. It is perfect for a smudged, smokey look and compliments the MUFE shadow well.
Eye Liner and Shadow, no primer
- URBAN DECAY Perversion Mascara: I already own this from when I purchased my Naked on the Run Palette awhile back. It’s one of those mascaras I kind of forgot about but when I used it again I remembered just how amazing it is. It gives your lashes great volume as well as definition so it looks like you are wearing falsies without the hassle.
- LANCOME Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Moisturizer: I am always hesitant to try new skin care but I have to say that Play! has provided some great products. I have been using this liquid moisturizer in the mornings. My skin is more on the normal/dry side but when I use my regular moisturizer with my foundation which has coconut water in it, I feel like it’s just a bit too much. So, this provides light moisture under my foundation and hasn’t made me break out which is always a plus.
- CLEAN Reserve Warm Cotton: This is light and airy. It is also in a mini spray bottle instead of the drip vials that past samples have come in so I have actually used it a few times.
Check out my original Play! post for more information on this awesome box.