Today’s post is going to be short and sweet. Audrey turned 2 last month and we hosted a Two-Tii Fruity party. I love a good, themed event! We hosted at our home where Phil had spend the previous few weekends getting our back yard guest ready. We set up the food inside and outside we had the water table set up, along with a pitching machine and a trampoline.
Getting a picture of her is next to impossible at this stage. Here are a few from before the party got started.
Phil brought the lei from his work trip that week to Hawaii-she did not know what to think about it! HAHA. In fairness, it was cold!
Last year I made a lot of the food but this year I bought everything. I just didn’t have the time. I did make all of the cupcake toppers, wrappers, and the topper on her jumbo cupcake (all from my Cricut!). Target Dollar Spot was a great place to find the banners and some of the other decor that I didn’t get a picture of. They had a lot of lemonade stand style decor that worked perfectly with our fruit theme. I bought the pineapple banner last year because I loved it so much, it’s gold glitter, and finally was able to pull it out.
Cupcakes are serious business!
We had a lot of fun that day. What party themes have you hosted and loved?
Hey there! Long time no chat! I’m trying out something new for the blog so check it out in the video below:
Welcome to my new series! Friday Five will include 5 items each week that I want to share with you. If you’ve been following along you know my life pretty much is revolving around my little one who is only 9 weeks old, so this week I will share some crucial items that helped me survive the months leading up to her arrival. I promise the posts won’t all be about baby!
I have to admit I had a relatively easy pregnancy. Now, delivery is another story. Below are a few items that really made a difference in being able to enjoy the journey instead of being frustrated by the typical ailments that most moms to be experience.
- Taco Bell Bean and Cheese Burritos: No joke, I practically lived off these in the first few months!
- Boppy Pregnancy Wedge: In the last trimester I was super uncomfortable and had a really hard time sleeping. This wedge made a huge difference after trying a few other pregnancy pillows.
- Hydro Flask 40 oz: One thing my midwife always asked about was my water intake. I have never been a big water drinker in general so I had a daily goal of 2 40 oz. bottles. When I didn’t hit that goal, I could feel the difference in my energy and joint pain.
- Coconut Oil: as my skin was stretching to make room for my large child (born over 9lb) it was ITCHY! It was itchy deep down and no amount of scratching could ease the sensation. Coconut oil was the ONLY thing that even curbed the itchiness. Now that I am nursing and went from a B cup to a D cup it’s also the only thing that eases the itchiness there as well.
- Old Navy Maternity Jersey Leggings: I have never been a ‘leggings outside of the house/gym” type person. Just like I never wore pajamas to school unless it was PJ day specifically. Pregnancy changed all that. I did not want to spend a lot on leggings and when I found these I pretty much lived in them when I wasn’t at work. They are lightweight yet thick enough that nothing showed through. They are under the belly, which was essential with my itchy tummy. I love them! They actually inspired me to buy a pair of Lu La Roe leggings which can be seen EVERYWHERE right now.
What were your must have items while pregnant?!
What other things would you like to see in this weekly series? Make sure to comment below!