Wow, has it been awhile! And as fate would have it, this week marks the 3rd anniversary of my first post! Life has been busy, crazy, full of baby giggles, lots of coffee, and sleepless nights-I wouldn’t have it any other way! I went to Sephora the other day and thought it’d be a good way to jump back into the blogosphere.
I haven’t been buying a lot of makeup lately. I already have a lot, my everyday makeup has become pretty simple, and I subscribe to Play! by Sephora (which I LOVE) to feed my need for new items. This trip was to replace some other items that I had purchased a couple weeks ago but of course I grabbed a few extra goodies.
1. Sephora Retractable Brow Pencil: I went about 2 weeks ago to replace my Precisely, My Brow Pencil from Benefit but they were out of my shade (3) so I decided to try their Goof Proof Brow Pencil instead. I’m not a fan of the shape of the pencil so I went back to exchange it hoping they had my go-to in stock. They didn’t. So, my first thought was to go across the way and get the pencil I used to use from MAC but I asked a sales associate and she recommended the Sephora line. I have to say it went on super smooth and the color is actually a better match (midnight brown)! Plus, who doesn’t love a deal? It’s only $12 compared to Benefits $24. I do prefer a spooly brush on one end; this has a tiny angled comb.
2. Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer: I have the foundation for the days when I want more coverage than my every day Cc cream and I love it. I posted about it here. At first I got this in the Light shade but I needed to go a tad darker so I updated to Light Medium. It blends really well while still providing great coverage on blemishes. Thanks hormones!
3. Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask: I don’t play with my skin care too much but I’ve become a big fan of masks lately. I’m looking forward to trying this one out the next time my skin decides to act like it’s 16 again.
4. Sephora Algae Face Mask: like the Origins mask, I’m looking forward to trying this. It’s designed to purify and detox the skin. This one is a sheet mask which sometimes I find don’t stay on very well. Also, I question the longevity of the results but it’s still fun to try out! I guess I’ll start researching.
5. Sephora Pomegranate Eye Mask: I’ve used this before and liked it. It made my eyes brighter and I feel like I looked a bit more awake. We have some travel coming up and little one doesn’t sleep well on the road so I’ll probably use this during one of our trips.
6. Sephora Rose Lip Balm: this provides the perfect amount of shine and moisture. It’s not sticky at all and has the tiniest hint of pink. I’m not a lipstick wearer so this is a great way to bring everything together when I do my makeup.
I really enjoy Sephora’s VIB points program and this trip I got 2 items: Versace Bright Crystal Eau De Toilette and Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara. The perfume has a floral scent with a very mild musk which makes it great for a night out. It’s also a roller ball applicator which I like. The mascara is similar to another Marc Jacobs one I’ve been using and provides a lot of volume which I always love.
***money saving tip*** whenever you can, get a deluxe sample or mini of mascara. Mascaras should be tossed roughly every 3 months due to bacteria build up. I’ve found that most of the samples I get through Play! Or my points, or any other freebie program, last at least that long.