So I realize I missed last week..oops! But here’s this week’s 5 things.
As a blogger, one way to build a community is to read and interact with other bloggers. I follow a lot of blogs through both WordPress and Bloglovin’ but there are a few that I always read. Others I will read depending on the title. If I tried to read them all, I would be sitting in front of my computer all day long. This is also why I am not a big user of YouTube. I can read much faster than watch a video. I try to make it a habit to scroll through both Bloglovin’ and WordPress once a day and when I see posts from the following bloggers I make sure to check them out!
- Cupcakes and Cashmere Emily is the complete lifestyle blogger. Her posts are varied so you never get bored and her blog reads as if you are chatting with your best friend. I’ve been following this blog for awhile but only recently started reading it regularly and I love it!
- Maskcara What can I say, Cara is amazing. I love her makeup artistry. It is so natural and she features women of all types. As her blog has grown in popularity she writes about more than just makeup and I find her totally relatable. She also has recently launched Maskcara Cosmetics featuring her HAC Pack. I also really appreciate that she keeps her blogging and products pretty separate. Of course she uses her own products in tutorials but she doesn’t push them on you at all!
- Sequins at Breakfast Laura is a blogger who moved to Hawaii around the same time I moved back to California. I don’t remember how I found her but I love her posts about Hawaii, fashion, entertaining, and food. Her posts are typically pretty quick and to the point without seeming rushed which this busy momma likes.
- Against All Grain Danielle Walker writes this paleo blog along with several cookbooks. If I remember correctly I came across her cookbook Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple when I was looking at being healthier and fell in love with the simplicity and flavors she creates in her recipes. While I do not follow the ‘paleo diet’ the food is yummy and she always provides great new ideas.
- Dawn Nicole Designs I’ve been following Dawn on Instagram and Pinterest for awhile but only recently started to follow her blog. She’s a hand lettering artist with work featured and Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx. I have been looking for a creative outlet and have done a few hand lettered pieces and fell in love with the art. She provides great inspiration and her blog has a ton of great printables. She also has a new E-book out that I just got, But First, Lettering and can’t wait to start the challenge Sept. 1. Check it out!
Who are some of your favorite bloggers?!