S’mores are a summertime staple. They remind me of camping every summer, plus they are delicious even though they are messy. A couple of weeks ago I hosted a Arbonne demo and was craving some s’mores so I went to good ol’ Pinterest to find some inspiration. I found a few recipes but they all seemed to require a minimum of 6 ingredients. S’mores contain 4 things: graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, and smiles. I did find this recipe that I used as the base of making my own. Here’s what I did:
- Melting Chocolate
- Graham Crackers
- Marshmallow Creme
- I broke my graham crackers into quarters. I purchased the Honeymade crackers and they have break lines in them already so they stayed pretty rectangular.
- I put marshmallow creme on half of the crackers, and then placed the other half on top to make little sandwiches.
- Melt your chocolate. A lot of times melting chocolate requires a double boiler. Well, we don’t have one of those and while there are ways to hack it I just think it should be simpler. So I found Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips and they have directions for melting in the microwave. SO EASY!
- Dip your sandwiches in the melted chocolate. Do this quickly because the chocolate does start to harden rather fast.
- Put in fridge or freezer to set the creme and chocolate.
While I love the taste of a campfire roasted marshmallow these definitely hit the spot. In addition to the s’mores I had some other snacks as well. I made these caprese skewers that were amazing! In the recipe she stood her skewers up while I laid mine down. There’s a reason she did that-the cheese melts right off the skewer! I let mine cool for a bit then was able to roll the cheese back onto the skewer. I also omitted the prosciutto because I forgot to buy it at the store! A+ for taste, C for presentation haha! In addition I put out some cookies and crackers from therusticbakery.com, some hummus, and mimosas. It was simple, fun, and delicious!